Poor legs circulation is a common problem of people especially middle-aged and elderly people. Poor circulation in the legs can be caused by a wide range of conditions including lack of exercise, diabetes, pregnancy, sitting for a long time, obesity, lifestyle habits and other serious organ complications. If left untreated over the long term poor blood circulation can lead to serious health problems, such as blood clots, cardiac arrest or a stroke and amputation.
Leg circulation problems may begin gradually rather than they come on suddenly. Some common symptoms of poor leg circulation may include swollen feet, cold feet, tingling sensation in your feet, and cramping calf muscles.
There are many things that you can do to improve legs circulation. The best way to improve circulation is as follows:
1. Regular physical activity. One simple way to increase circulation to your feet is by performing active. Some physical activities such as swimming, walking, jogging, cycling, running etc will help to improve your leg circulation. Of course, you should perform all activities regularly so that you can get optimal.
2. Avoid Smoking. Smoking can increase the risk of heart attack, hardening of the arteries and causes damage and constriction of blood vessels. In order to improve and maintain a healthy circulation system to all tissues and organs of the body, it is recommended to avoid smoking.
3. Massage. Massage is one great way to bring relaxation, pleasure, and even increase circulation to your leg. You can massage your own feet with your hands or using massagers.
4. Move Feet. Standing or Sitting for long periods of time without moving is the primary cause of leg circulation issues. Try to avoid staying too long in one place and move around whenever you get time.
5. Healthy diet. Diet plays a very crucial role in your overall as well as blood circulation. Eat a lot antioxidant-rich fruits, vegetables and drink plenty of water to help prevent plaque buildup and promote healthy circulation. Also try to avoid saturated, trans fats, sugar sweetened drinks, refined foods and white flour.
6. Warm water soak. Soak your feet and legs in bucket of warm water for at least ten minutes. This will helps to increase the blood flow in your legs. Doing this regularly to get optimum results.
7. Elevate feet. Another effective way to improve circulation would be to raise the feet for a short period, say by lying down on the bed and placing a pillow underneath the feet. This would help get the circulation moving through the feet. For the process, you need to lie on the ground, placing your legs on a chair or a sofa. This would cause blood to drain away from each foot.
8. Avoid stress. Stress is one of the causes of poor circulation. This is because when a person is under stress, the body unable to supply adequate blood flow to all body organs and tissues. Avoid stress is one of the best way to improve your blood circulation. Try yoga, deep breathing, meditation, meditation or watch out funny movie.
9. Herbal Remedies. There are many herbal to help improve blood circulation, strengthen blood vessels and clear arteries. Herbs like ginkgo biloba, garlic, cayenne are used to treat poor circulation and strengthen the vascular system.